As I came back from a very late lunch today I put my ID card, which is on a lanyard, around my neck before getting out of my car to go back into work. A thought crossed my mind comparing the similarity of my lanyard to a dog collar. Not in appearance, but symbolically, you know? (It's "the man's" way of holding me down!)
Yes, it's been a crazy few days.
On Monday I was told I was going to "volunteer" to work overtime all summer. Yippee, NOT! While the money would be good, I'm just so excited to see the sun (and one of these days I just know it's going to come out from behind those clouds).
On Monday afternoon I had a headache from contemplating how I am going to juggle my calling and working extra so I went to bed at 6pm and woke up at midnight. Then I cleaned for a couple hours and went back to bed.
On Tuesday morning I woke up with a new resolve for life. I was just going to sacrifice the sunshine and work my little (or not) heiney off all summer to get work done and my calling. As I strolled into work I was prioritizing the list of things I needed to get done over the next couple of days. Five minutes after I sat down at my desk my boss came by (good thing I wasn't late thanks to that whole new outlook on life) and told me I was off the hook and that another guy in my group was going to work the whole thing with me as his backup instead of both of us splitting it. And I was kinda sad, kinda. I mean, what about that whole new outlook I'd come up with? What about all the selfish summer dreams I'd just abandoned? Then 10 minutes later I was jumping off the walls I was so excited!!! (And you should try jumping off cubicle walls, it requires a lot of finesse!)
Moving on, today I found out that I have to make a trip in the middle of July to visit 4 Air Force bases in the shortest amount of time possible, preferably 2 days. So, I spent 3 hours trying to figure out a flight schedule that would accomodate all the tiny airports in the podunk towns where I would be going. It gave me a brain cramp. It took 4 engineers and 5 hours but I finally figured it out... well, kinda. Someone else volunteered to take 1 of the AFBs but that still left me 3 AFBs and the shortest I could get the trip is 3 days. It's gonna be good times, I can tell!
Now I have to go explain this all to the lady that books our travel. She's gonna hate me... I'll have to bring her back something special from Minot!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
Well congrats at the no over time!
oh brookey - you are so funny! that dog collar thing. i think you might be on to something. good luck on your travels - oh and nice job with the finesse of bouncing off cubicle walls - sounds tricky. :-)
Post a Comment