Friday, March 19, 2010

A walking pharmacy!

I thought it was kind of funny this morning when I got to work and discovered all the things I've been carrying around with me in my "survival bag" this week. See, I've been all kinds of sick the last couple of weeks but I'm finally starting to feel better. Anyways,...

Here's the bag:


I rescued it from a pile of things bound for DI and it's my most favorite purse ever!! Don't you love it?

Ok, here we go.

First, these things are always in my purse:


From L to R that's: my card holder, another card holder, and my wallet. Yes, I have a lot of cards: library, blockbuster, punch cards, insurance, gift cards.. I tried to sort through them and get rid of them. I only have 1 or 2 store cards so I don't understand why I have so many but I just can't get rid of them.
I LOVE that middle one, though. I found it in Santa Barbara, CA. It says, "she had not yet decided whether to use her power for good... or for evil"!
Cute, huh?

Next, we'll continue with the stuff I always carry around with me:


It's a pill box I found at the same place in California. It says, "What if there is no P.M.S. and this is really my personality"! LOVE IT! (Sorry if saying PMS is TMI for some of you!)

Next, I always have:


My headphones. I have all my music on my phone and listen to it a lot at work.

This lip gloss:


I love. My friend, T, got me hooked on it. It has just the perfect amount of color (even though it looks kind of dark) and is glossy. I like it a lot cuz I have a hard time keeping lipstick on.

Next, my tools:


A mini mag lite and a mini leatherman. Yes, I love mini things. They're so cute! And space-saving. Very practical for my needs.

Next, one of my best finds of the winter:


Udderly smooth. Seems kind of strange, I know, but my skin has been so dang dry this winter (much dryer than past winters) and this lotion is awesome. The key is that most lotions have water as one of their main ingredients, which actually dries out your skin in the long run. This stuff doesn't have water in it, and it's not greasy. It's just a really heavy lotion. If you're suffering from super dry skin you should try it out!

And lastly, in the group of things I typically carry around (besides keys and checkbook, which I didn't show here) is this:


I usually have kleenex's but hardly ever use them... until this week, that is!

Now, onto the pharmacy. (Seriously, I think I have just as many drugs as a pharmacy!)

First, it's spring time (kinda) and that means allergy season for me. So I've been carrying my claritin around. At first I thought it was the allergies that were getting me. Boy, was I wrong!


Next, I quickly realized it wasn't allergies. That is was, in fact, some kind of bug, so I pulled out the big guns:


I love this stuff. As soon as I feel a sneeze or small tickle in my throat I start taking it 3 times a day. Usually it works, and I haven't been sick for a really long time. But this time I needed something much heavier (and prescribed) to make it go away.

Next, a necessity, so I don't drive my co-workers crazy:



And, of course, they're cherry flavor. It's my favorite artificial flavor! (But, ironically, my least favorite flavor of pie. Why is that, do you think?)

Next, the big(ger) guns:


Sudafed, both the drowsy and non-drowsy kind. Sudafed has been working really good for me the last few years when I've been sick. This time, though, it did nothing.

So I moved on to:


Oh, wait, a spoil of war. This is what it was:


DayQuil. It worked great this time!

And of course:


DayQuil's partner in crime: NyQuil. This stuff knocks me out. It's the only way I've ever been able to sleep when I have a cold. (Yay for modern medicine. Seriously!)

And lastly (not pictured) would be my prescription antibiotics. They're finally working and I'm so glad to be coming out of the fog.

Here's to hoping you find wonderful things in your purse (or man-bag), too!

I hope you all have a happy, and healthy, weekend! (Stay away from those nasty cold bugs, eh?!)

2 comments:

K said...

Oh those nasty bugs. One of them, RSV, landed little Mia in Primary's, where I am right now! I'm glad you're feeling better. Oh, and PS, your blog cracks me up. I LOVE your 'good or evil' card holder!

Dave and Leah said...

If I were to die and come back as someone else, I'm not quite sure who I would be, but I would definitely request your humor!!!