Today I read an article from USAToday.com that blew my mind. (See http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/05/uncontacted-tri.html) A group of people, in order to stop logging & mining in the Amazon flew a plane over parts of the jungle to prove that there were "uncontacted" people living there. The article shows pictures of tribesmen looking at the plane with bows drawn. Can you imagine? It's like stepping back 3000 years in time and suddenly seeing a plane, aka strange, alien craft, overhead. I can't imagine the things going through their minds... They'll be talking about the big, white, bird that flew over the village for years. And there will be tales of how Lugg, the Kronk of the village, shot it down with a single arrow and it became a big ball of fire and nobody ever dared approach it because it was cursed with evil magic and...
Ok, stop, that might be a little too much of my own kind of crazy rearing its head here.
But seriously, it seems like somebody's playing a trick on me. Did you check out the photo? It's gotta be straight out of Planet of the Apes (not that I ever saw any of them, but I did see X-men and these people look like close relatives of Beast).
If it were April 1st, I'd be totally convinced it's a joke. So tell me, what are your thoughts?
Oh yes, and welcome to my blog! I hope you'll have as much fun sifting through my thoughts as I do (sad, but true)!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment