
The back story: I had the opportunity to do an internship at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard after my Junior year in college. I threw my stuff in my car, drove to Seattle (well, Bremerton, near Seattle) and moved in with a bunch of strangers. This was one of the strangers:

But now she’s like the sister I never had. Oh, wait, just kidding, Sister! She’s like to other sister I never had. Well, ok, she’s like one of the 2 non-biological sisters I never had!
Does that make any sense? Let me clarify… I have one biological sister, and 2 non-biological sisters: Marcela and Lisa. Lisa is the one in the picture with me above! Got that?
Anyways, Lisa and her parents literally had to drag me to my first Mariners game. We sat in center field huddled in blankets with a chilly wind blowing off the water and I had the time of my life! I went to 2 more games that summer, another 1 a year or 2 later, and then I finally made it up there again this year to see another.

If you ever get the chance to go, get a Mariner’s dog (a big hot dog), Garlic fries (take some gum, especially if you’re on a date) and sit back and watch the game! Lisa also recommends the mint chocolate Dippin Dots! (She recommended it to me and boy was it yummy!)

That’s Ichiro, above. He’s been a Mariner since I first became a fan! He plays right field and he’s super speedy.
In spite of Ichiro’s super speediness the Mariner’s lost 5-6 against the Minnesota Twins. I was hoping they’d pull out a win just for me but they had won the previous 2 nights against the Twins so I guess they were just being nice and didn’t want them to feel too bad! That’s nice of them, I guess.
I’ll share the rest of my Seattle experience over the next few days. I hope the anticipation doesn’t kill you!

1 comment:
I'm glad you found my blog! I love finding new people with blogs so I will have to keep up to date on yours!
Post a Comment