Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Very Happy... Meal


Aaah, Christmas is so close I can almost taste it! In fact, I have been tasting it... cookies, candies, hot cocoa... and it tastes wonderful!!

But that's not the food I want to talk about today. Every once in a while I like to go to Wendy's and get a kids meal. Mostly, I really love that you can get mandarin oranges instead of fries, and while I like the hamburgers, kinda, I also like the idea of getting some random little prize in my bag. (And, what if I do like to do the wordsearches on the bag?!)

Anyways, I went a few months ago, right before Halloween, and was sorely disappointed when I got this in my not-so-happy meal:

I wasn't sure what it was at first. Do you know, just by looking at it? It's about 2"-3" high. I read in the little paper that came with it that it's supposed to be a spider. Lame-o!

For quite some time I didn't return to Wendy's. It could be because I've been watching my figure (we're doing The Biggest Loser at work) or it could've been some deep-rooted fear of getting another stuffed creature that would scare me let alone some poor, innocent 5 year old.

But I overcame those fears, that or my mandarin orange cravings got the best of me, and returned to Wendy's last week. And can I just tell you, it was one of the best ideas I had all day!

This is what came in my very-happy meal this time:

And here's what is inside:

From top-left, going clockwise, there's:

  • 4 coupons for things such as hugs, chores and breakfast in bed
  • 2 sheets of stickers (cute, SO cute)
  • 4 gift tags with Snoopy on them (who doesn't love Snoopy?)
  • 1 stencil

I'm almost tempted to go back and get more happy meals. In fact, I would, but I'm still watching my figure (as there is plenty of it to watch). And, unlike me, some of you have kids so you have a great excuse to buy a plethera of happy meals.

But, I am still a kid, so that's my excuse!

Now if I can just figure out how I can redeem that coupon for breakfast in bed...


PS. Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke you really are hysterical!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who bought those meals for myself. Here's another reason why I love you!