Thursday, April 9, 2009

The greatest question ever... well, one of them

What is it, really, that makes it so easy for us to be hard on ourselves. I have a tendency, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, to be much harder on myself than I am on anyone else. Luckily, I've been blessed with many, MANY, amazing people in my life... people I would trust with my life, my secrets, the real me, etc. ("Trust" being the key word here.) Why is it, then, that I can't trust them when they complement me? You've been there, right?!

What if you could change that overnight?

For me? Not likely, I know, but I've decided to make a concerted effort to trust those people no matter what they're saying. Well, that's the goal for tonight, at least. But if I could really, REALLY believe what some of my friends and family seem to believe, that could be breakthrough. I guess it all boils down to confidence, eh?

Confidence, schmonfidence. Who needs it when you've got what I've got?!
(giggle, giggle)

Ok, yeah, I really can't pull that kind of statement off... but maybe someday!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Trust this...you are amazing!!!! Now trust this...I'm awesome. And trust this...I'm cooler than Katie and Tiffany put together, but you're cooler than all three of us could ever be. You single-handedly installed a sprinkling system, for goodness sake. And you grow ginormous pumpkins and tomatoes, and you play the piano beautifully, and you decorate your house so well, and you are the kindest person I've ever met, and you are beautiful, and you are FUNNY! And you care about your friends and family, and you have nice eyes, and you've traveled the world, and you have gorgeous hair, and you look for the good in others, and you have a smile that brightens any room, and I'm lucky to be your friend, and you are briliant-like a rocket scientist or something, and you never forget my birthday (I'm SOOOO SORRY that I missed yours-happy late birthday and I love you!), and you're an Elinor, and you are always pushing yourself to do better, and you have a rocking serve-I think, I've never seen you play but I'm sure it's awesome. And you take amazing pictures that are postcard worthy! And you're humble, and you're an amazing cook, and that's where I'm going to end even though I could go on.

Brooke said...

Oh, stop,... stop!
...
Go on!

No, jk, the point of this post was not to see how many compliments I could get.

But thank you, Robin, I believe you... except there's no way I'm cooler than the three of you combined!

See, I guess I've still got some work to do on this "trust" issue!