Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wedding Shower How To

The point of this post is not for me to regale you with my expertise on throwing a wedding shower. In fact, it's just the opposite. We're planning a big, family wedding shower for my sister in June and I really don't know where to start or what to plan to do. There's gonna be fabulous food, that's the one thing I know how to do. And we wanna keep it an open house because lots of extended family will be wandering through. But I want to make it fun for all the guests and for the bride.
Do you have any suggestions? What did you like about your wedding shower or wedding showers you've been to? I've rolled my eyes at a number of bridal shower games but there've been a couple that I wouldn't mind playing.
And what about party favors?
HELP!!! (I really, truly, absolutely appreciate it!)

3 comments:

Russ and Em said...

I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I really like the open house style sans games because I love visiting with people that I haven't seen in awhile. Also if I have friends that don't know the rest of the people there I can visit with them and then they can leave and not feel awkward around a bunch of people they don't know.

That all said I really do like the "How well do you know each other games" where you ask the groom questions earlier and then ask the same questions to the bride to see how well she knows what he would say.

Anonymous said...

I don't think party favors are really needed. People don't come to showers to get stuff. A few treats is more than enough. I do like to hear the story of how the people met and dated though...whether it's a game or not it doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned :) -Teresa

Katie said...

my favorite thing at my shower was when trisha interviewed joey and then had it on video and then asked me questions and played back what he said. it was memorable for me and as i remember it was really funny for some reason. oh actually, didn't you and I do that for trisha's shower? and didn't we play pin the something on the fiance? I just remember a giant Matthew on our wall and we were pinning something on him? shorts? hair? whatever it was it was probably awesome cause we are awesome shower throwers. don't ever forget that.