When I was in school… you know, just a few years ago… cuz I’m not THAT old… (you know? Just nod your head “yes” and nobody will get hurt) I always had dreams where I’d be trying to go somewhere, trying to leave the house/dorm/apartment I was living in at the time but I could never quite get everything I needed before I walked out the door. I mean, It would take me forever to get all my clothes on, I’d go to walk out and I’d realized I didn’t have my pants on, or my shoes, or my shirt. And then when I finally got dressed it would be my backpack I was missing. Or my lunch. Or my car keys. One time it was even my witches’ hat. (Yeah, I don’t know where that one came from. Maybe it was for a Halloween costume!) Just so you know I don’t actually own a witches’ hat.
Well, I didn’t at the time!
Those dreams have pretty much stopped since I graduated, once again, not all that long ago. Now when I get nervous or anxious about something I have dreams that I’m back in school, and I’m still trying to get myself together so I can make it to whatever event it is that I’m late for.
It’s an interesting study, really. (No, you don’t think so? Figures!) But this is what it boils down to. When I was in college I was worried about walking out of the house naked. Now that I’ve graduated I’m worried about being back in college.
What does it all mean?
In all actuality, and this might be TMI for some of you, but I almost did walk out of the house the other day without my pants on. See, I had put them on, but then gotten some toothpaste on them (come on we all do it, no?) so I took them off to get the paste out and had let them dry. Then I didn’t notice that I’d never put them back on. I’d even slipped them off over my shoes so I’d assumed if I had my shoes on that I’d had my pants on. And I wasn’t going commando so I didn’t have a breeze to warn me or anything. (Sorry to put those images in your head, just think about puppies and daisies and it will all go away!) Don’t worry, though, I only made it out of my bedroom but not up the stairs before I noticed!
Anyways, I’ve been thinking about paranoia since I had a conversation with my sister last weekend. Apparently she’s worried (paranoid) that anything she does or says that’s even remotely embarrassing/funny will end up on my blog.
But we haven’t even scratched the surface on the number of things I could write here about her. And looking back I can’t imaging what it is that she’s so worried about. I’ve been nice… ish.
But there is the upcoming birthday (July) and the upcoming wedding (August) that provide the perfect opportunity to lovingly embarrass my baby sister.
Don’t worry, I’ll be nice!
…ish!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment