Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh Yellowstone, where the buffalo roam...

(You can sing the title of this post: "Oh, Ye-el-low-stone, where the buf-fa-lo roam!" You know that song, right?!)

Over Labor Day weekend a few weeks month ago (what happened to the rest of September?) my family and I headed to Yellowstone.

We went the camping route. We pretty much always do. I think it's the best way to do Yellowstone. (My sister might have a different opinion!)

We spent the first night outside of the park at Baker's Hole campground.
(Above: Yellowstone River from Baker's Hole)

We try to go once a year but some big wedding got in the way and forced us to postpone the trip.

It was a fun trip, as usual...

...but it was extra fun because it was Tevita's first time in Yellowstone.

Have you ever tried explaining exactly what Old Faithful, geysers, or hot pots are to someone who has never seen one?
It's just one of those things you have to see to believe.
(Above: Beehive Geyser)
D&C 128:23 "Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy!...
...And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!"
I can't help but think what a truly amazing creation this world is!

2 comments:

Katie said...

what an inspiring and beautiful post! (yes, i'm talking about robin on the bike) :-) seriously - you take amazing pictures. and amen to that awesome scripture.

Tiffany said...

Brooke beautiful pictures. I love Yellowstone! I wish I were there! Harold and Faye were just there, Lucky!!!! SO I dig your style.