Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Randomness Vol. 1

  • My best friend gave birth to a precious baby boy yesterday! I hope she lets me babysit.
  • I get to have lunch with a wonderful friend who gets to spend the whole summer with her little baby girl. I’m so jealous!
  • I’m apparently baby hungry. I wish my sister would hurry up and get pregnant. Waiting for the right time is over-rated.
  • Rated R is over-rated. (Anyone watching The Bachelorette?) And I knew that from the beginning.
  • If I were The Bachelorette, I’d choose Frank or that guy who’s mom died a year ago. (I always forget his name.) Roberto just doesn’t do it for me. And Ty… well, at this point who am I to be picky, right?
  • My favorite line this week: “Backyards are over-rated!” Spoken by my sister after she spent 5 hours weeding her new yard. Why don’t people ever believe me when I try to tell them that home-ownership isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
  • My house was dang hot already this morning as I was getting ready for work. It finally feels like summer.
  • My legs are silky smooth right now. (Sorry if that is TMI.) I waxed last night after not shaving for a little over a week, which is SO itchy in this heat, but SO worth it in the end.
  • I hope you aren’t thinking about my silky smooth legs right now. That would kinda creep me out!
  • I like cantaloupe when it gets really, really ripe.
  • I’ve caught the craft bug lately. I realized this weekend that I’m in the middle of 8 different projects. Apparently I have trouble focusing. (I’ll show you what I’ve been working on (and what I wish I had time to work on) in another post.)
  • It’s come to my attention recently that I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting some (or at least one) of the people who read my blog. So, welcome, stranger(s)! I hope you keep coming back for more!
  • I hope to take lots of fun pictures this weekend of all the patriotic festivities. Sometimes I get carried away with taking pictures.
  • I just had a brilliant idea! I’m going to hold my very first contest. Here are the details:
  1. Leave a comment below with your guess of how many pictures I’m going to take this weekend which I’m going to count as Friday morning through Monday night (that’s July 2 – 5).
  2. No entries after 2400 Monday night (that’s military time for 12:00pm Monday night)
  3. I promise not to read any comments on this post until Tuesday morning. (Pinky swear!)
  4. Winner will be announced Tuesday morning.
  5. Only one comment per person is allowed but 2 entries per person are allowed. Read on for more details:
  6. There are 2 ways to enter: I will also give a prize to the person who has the most people visit my blog from a link on their blog. Does that make sense? So, tell everyone you know to go to your blog then click on a link you have there, either on your sidebar or in a post, that sends them to my blog. Does that make sense? If it doesn’t email me at myownkindofcrazy at hotmail or at my personal email if you know it. (Don’t leave a comment on this post because I won’t get it until Tuesday morning and it’ll be too late to win and then I’d feel guilty!)
  7. Now I suppose you want to know what the “prize” is?! It’s a $15 gift card to my favorite restaurant Macaroni Grill!!! You can also use it at Chili’s and I think another restaurant or 2 if you’re not an Italian lover. (Personally, I wouldn’t mind finding an Italian lover!) So yes, 2 (dos) $15 gift cards will be given away!

And to help you in your guesswork I’ll now tell you what I currently have planned for this weekend:
Friday morning: Either a rail-trail bike ride with the family or a fishing trip up the canyons.
Friday afternoon: A couple craft projects with Sister.
Saturday: Parade, BBQ, game booths, fireworks
Sunday: Teaching primary
Monday: Totally undecided (possibly some home projects, maybe a BBQ)

Good luck!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Its just me....go see my blog and of course you will miss out on the quilt drawing because your not reading your blog....You will take 395 pictures and if I win you have to go with me.

Jillums said...

I've always wanted an Italian lover too. :) I think you will take 247 pictures this weekend. I hope it is fun!

Katie said...

glad to hear about those silky smooth legs. my guess is 104.

Unknown said...

Hey Brooke! I'm glad you posted on Facebook. My blog is: http://www.mbox-of-chocolates.blogspot.com
I'm going to guess 109 pics. That's a lot for even me, but I think you can manage.

Anonymous said...

I am going to say 91 pictures. I hope I win... does being your sister give me any sort of advantage... because it should!