
For those of you who missed it, there was an amazing song/video on Music and the Spoken Word last Sunday. Here's a portion of the text, with which I agree 100%.
On [this] day let us solemnly remember the sacrifices of all those who fought so valiantly, on the seas, in the air, and on foreign shores, to preserve our heritage of freedom, and let us reconsecrate ourselves to the task of promoting an enduring peace so that their efforts shall not have been in vain.
For those who love freedom and country, for those who respect sacrifice and service in behalf of the common good, each day is a day to remember those who have donned the uniform and served their country.
A country is only as strong as the men and women brave enough, selfless enough, and honorable enough to serve their nation. All who have served gave some part of their life, and some made the ultimate sacrifice. Today each one of us is a beneficiary of their service. We remember and honor them, this day and always.
I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to support the United States Air Force through my career. Whether in uniform or not, I hope that we can all find the strength to stand up for the freedoms of people worldwide and do all within our power to preserve all our rights.
I am proud to be an American.
In God is my trust.
And I humbly pray there will always be men and women much more courageous than myself that will don a uniform and fight to preserve my right to say that!
Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment