When I was 21 (which was just a few years ago) I spent a good amount of time sitting in classes at USU (go Aggies)! I started to realize, however, that I couldn't see the whiteboard as clearly so I finally, and begrudgingly, came to terms with the fact that I might need glasses, heaven forbid. I say glasses, not contacts, cuz I thought there was no way I could ever stick something in my eyes... they're sensitive... and kinda important in my opinion. So I got an eye exam and a prescription for glasses. I was near-sighted so I didn't nead anything for reading, etc., but while I could see a tree clearly enough, I needed a little help so that I could see the leaves on said tree. It was amazing the difference those glasses made. I quickly realized, however, that it was hard to play volleyball and basketball with my cute glasses so I braved my fears and headed back in for some contacts. It turns out it's not all that bad having to poke yourself in the eye. And I don't flinch nearly as much now when I have to put eye drops in! I ended up wearing my contacts most of the time because they were so much easier.
Jumping forward a few years (not THAT MANY, of course, like I said, 21 was only a couple of years ago)... I moved into my current residence. One Saturday morning I wanted to slip my glasses on so I could be lazy and if I wanted to take a nap I wouldn't have red eyes when I woke up, like I would if I'd put contacts in. I couldn't find my glasses, though. I searched high and low... near and far... but to no avail.
Now hear this, I publicly declare that those glasses have to be somewhere in my house because I'd worn them that Friday night before going to bed and I was in my house and I did not even step a foot outside my house before I'd been unable to find those glasses. Still, 2.5 years later, I have not found those glasses and have been wearing contacts all that time.
Lately, however, I've had the desire to get some glasses again so that I can stay awake later at night and not be bothered by contacts that are drying out. (Not that there's anything exciting I want to be doing late at night, I just like to have the possibility, that's all!)
So last week and went and picked some out and this weekend I picked them up. What do you think?

They're kind of an olive green color! (Sorry if you can't tell, the camera on my phone isn't of the highest quality, and that's why my face looks weird, too. That's just an overall bad picture, I won't be offended if you ignore it completely!) I just walked to the section that had the cheapest frames, tried on a couple different styles to find one that didn't make my face look freakish, and chose the green color over the black cuz... it was more fun!
It's been a little weird getting use to glasses again. Not that I plan on wearing them very much but they are quite fun!
I was talking with some friends recently who have worn or have wanted to wear glasses and it reminded me of the time my sister went through a phase where she wanted to wear glasses (even though she didn't need them) so she'd wear some without lenses or with no prescription cuz she thought it made her look smarter.
So here's my questions:
Have you worn, or do you wear, glasses?
If so, did you like it or hate it?
If not, have you ever wanted to?
And, have you ever considered wearing fake ones just to look cooler/smarter?

6 comments:
I totally wanted to wear glasses even though I didn't need them, so I bought a pair with fake lenses on my mission. I wore them all the time and on my first day home my niece broke the frame. Bye. Bye cute smart looking glasses. And I love your new pair. Super cute! Maybe it's the face behind the lenses, but I likey.
I have glasses, but I hate to wear them because the prescription is outdated so everything is fuzzy! So, it's pointless to even wear them.
P.S. Who's your favorite match for Jason so far? I like Melissa and Jilian.
I have glasses, but I hate to wear them because the prescription is outdated so everything is fuzzy! So, it's pointless to even wear them.
P.S. Who's your favorite match for Jason so far? I like Melissa and Jilian.
How did I manage to post that comment twice?? I really don't remember that. Oh well. I must love your blog so much that I have to tell you twice. I must love your blog so much that I have to tell you twice. ;)
Robin-
It's totally ok because having more comments makes me look popular! :)
Love ya!
You don't just have to look popular.... you are popular :)
Lush
Post a Comment