Big news for all you lovers of France! (Not to be confused with French lovers; if you know what I mean, ladies?!? Is it getting hot in here? Jk! I’m sweet and innocent, just as I stated in yesterday’s blog. Pardon me while I go find a fan…)
Ok, back to my original point: Delta Airlines* now has a non-stop flight from Salt Lake City to Paris!! (See the article at: http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9460289?source=rv) I know you're thinking, "What more could we ask for?"
Well, I had the opportunity to travel to France a few years ago and it was fabulous, just about everything I’d expected it to be. I went with a friend and my sister on a day trip out of London.
Paris was beautiful, as expected.
We bought a baguette by the Eiffel Tower...
...and the vendor was rude, as expected.
We visited the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa....
...She looked bored, as expected.
We went to Notre Dame...
(Not totally what I expected, I don't feel so bad for the hunchback after all!)
We also rode a boat up the River Seine and found out that many Parisians like to sunbath by the river in their birthday suits.
(I had to cover my sister’s eyes!)
But back to the article...
Too bad we’re not all as lucky as Dan, who’s on his way to Paris:
"I'm meeting my Internet girlfriend. She's from Russia. She has to leave the country one time before she is allowed to emigrate. So she picked Paris," said Dan Barranza of Provo.
How romantic, he's literally flying half way around the world!
Said Barranza, who flew through John F. Kennedy International Airport to Ukraine in March to meet his girlfriend, "This direct flight saves me $300 in New York City."
What a lucky, lucky man! Love and money! Now I say, what more could you ask for?
Good luck, Dan. Happy trails to ya!
But, to wrap up, if you find yourself longing for a road trip but short on gas money, well... that flight ain't gonna be cheap (coming in at around $1500). But you can call me, I’ll be in town. After all, those weeds never seem to pull themselves, especially with these spring rains.
Au Revoir!
* This is not an advertisement!

4 comments:
Brooke - I'm so glad you started a blog and your trip sounds way way too cool. Our biggest trip this summer will be to Bear Lake so you know I'm jealous. Check out our blog at www.russnm.blogspot.com.
-Emily
You're too funny! This is awesome! I'm linking to your blog from my blog. www.garriottfamily.blogspot.com. I can't wait to read the next post!!
paris j'taime...
woops - it's me katie - i guess i was logged in as joey.
Post a Comment