Monday, June 30, 2008

Yard Update:

It’s so close I can taste it! With the help of my mom, dad, and uncle we put the just-about-finishing touches on the major yard transformation last week. I’m dying to have everyone over for a BBQ, or for some vball (anyone got a net?), or for an outdoor movie, or for any old reason at all. You can see what the yard looked like a few weeks ago here:

Here’s the simplified list of what’s been done:

2007-
1) Cut down and removed 2 apple trees leaving 2 sod-less squares in the middle of the lawn.
2) Removed all plants, weeds, and bulbs from the patio flower bed (but obviously missed a few bulbs hiding by the rock)
3) Transplanted 4 rose bushes from the middle of the yard to the patio flower bed (All 4 shockingly survive!)
4) Reset the stepping stones in the flower bed
5) Plant Iceberg Pansies in patio flower bed

2008 –
6) Installed full sprinkling system
7) Moved 3 rocks from the middle of the yard to the patio flower bed
8) Leveled-off the back yard (still needs more leveling)

(The pictures go across the backyard from Northwest to Southeast, if that makes any sense. If it doesn’t, then you’ll just have to stop by sometime so you can see it!)



See what I mean?! Now if only I can get the grass to come back to life!
And I hope you all had a great weekend (I did, and that’s why I haven’t posted any blogs for a while, sorry about that. I’ll tell you all about last weekend soon! And I’ll give you a hint: It involved wildlife and lots of sunshine.)!!!

No comments: