I didn’t realize an automatic sprinkling system was the definition of a glamorous life! I thought you had to have some kind of sparkly dress and 6” heels to be glamorous. Who’d’ve thunk?!

This was the backyard 2 weeks ago. We’d already taken out a few of the plants that were in the rock garden. I don’t understand why anyone would want a rock garden right in the middle of the back lawn. It has so much potential to be an awesome grass volleyball court!

And this is the front yard a week later. No, I don’t have gopher infestation problems. My uncle’s doing the sprinklers, and he’s having lots of fun playing in the dirt! And the square spot in the middle of the lawn is from a dead tree that I cut down last fall. The neighbor kids think it’s an awesome place to have a sandbox.

And this is the backyard, also 1 week ago. The weber water (yard water) has been turned off so I have to water my trees & plants with the drinking water from the house. I hope they don’t get too use to the purified water. I can’t have them getting any more “high maintenance” than they already are.

However, I’m not rich enough to give the grass purified water. It’s just going to have to make do on its own. It rained just enough last week to keep if from completely dying!
As of today all the pipes are glued and we just have to wait for it to dry. (…like waiting for paint to dry!) Then we’ll let water through the lines to make sure there’s no leaks. Then we’ll fill in the dirt and I’ll have a nice checkerboard lawn for a week or so. At least I won’t be tripping/falling/stumbling over trenches all the time. (Not that I do that now, I’m a very coordinated person. I am, I am, I am!)
*Sigh* It’s such a glamorous life!!

1 comment:
You glamorous gal.
You're just saying it's a new sprinkler system, but you can't fool me. I know you work for the 'government', so it's probably a high tech signal scrambler!
Post a Comment